PERMANENT LOCAL RULES
A-1 – Out of Bounds (Rule 18.2)
Generally, beyond white stakes, or fences and walls bounding the course. Additionally, as follows;
- In or beyond the ditches to the left of the 1st fairway
- On or beyond the wall to the left of the 1st teeing ground and along a line thereafter, to the beginning of the ditch on the left side of the 1st fairway. On or beyond the pathway running in front and to the side of the clubhouse.
- In or beyond the ditch to the left of the 6th fairway which is marked by white posts and to the extensions thereof.
- On the old Luss Road or in the ditches or the extensions thereof on both sides of the road.
- On the left side of the 18th hole, beyond the white stakes from Old Luss Road until the white stakes tie in with the existing boundary fence.
B-1 Penalty Areas (Rule 17)
All Penalty Areas are defined as Red Penalty Areas and are marked accordingly with red stakes. Relief can be taken under Rule 17.1.
E-1 Dropping Zones
If a ball is in the penalty area behind the 2nd green, and to the left of the 9th green, including when it is known or virtually certain that a ball that has not been found came to rest in the penalty area, the player has these relief options, each for one penalty stroke:
- Take relief under Rule 17.1, or
- As an extra option, drop the original ball or another ball in the dropping zones marked by a circular red line, with DZ inside facing the general direction of play . The dropping zone is a relief area under Rule 14.3. There is no drop zone for the same penalty area played from the 3rd tee.
D-5 Status of Practice Putting Greens
The following practice putting greens are wrong greens for play on the 12th and 18th holes;to the right of the 12th fairway and the practise putting green area adjacent to the Club House. Free relief for interference must be taken under Rule 13.1f.
E-8 No Play Zones
The turf nursery area defined by blue stakes to the right of the 13th fairway and to the right of the 14th fairway, is a no play zone that is to be treated as an abnormal course condition. Free relief must be taken from interference by the no play zone under Rule 16.1f.
F-1 Abnormal Course Conditions (including Immovable Obstructions) (Rule 16)
Relief may be taken from Ground Under Repair;
- Ground under repair is defined by any area encircled by a white line [or insert other colour or description as appropriate].
- Ground under repair includes exposed rocks in the general area.
- Areas in bunkers where sand has been removed by the movement of water resulting in deep furrows through the sand are ground under repair.
- Fixed sprinkler heads, hydrant covers and distance markers are Immovable Objects
- Protective fences around greens are immovable obstructions.
- All gravel filled ditches
F-5 Immovable Obstructions Close to Putting Greens
Immovable obstructions close to putting green: In addition to the types of interference described in Rule 16.1a, when a ball lies in the general area, interference also exists if an immovable obstruction is: on the player’s line of play, is within two club-lengths of the putting green, and is within two club-lengths of the ball. The player may take relief under Rule 16.1b. (Exception – There is no relief under this Local Rule if the player chooses a line of play that is clearly unreasonable.)
TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES
Always check the Notice Board outside the Pro Shop for Other Local Rules that may be temporarily in force.
Temporary Local Rule – E-3 Preferred Lies
ONLY IN OPERATION WHEN INDICATED ON THE SIGN BESIDE THE 1ST TEE
When a player’s ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less , the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
- Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
- Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the reference point, but with these limits:
- Limits on Location of Relief Area:
- Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
- Must be in the general area cut to fairway height or less.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
Penalty for Playing Ball from a Wrong Place in Breach of Local Rule: General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a. If a player incurs the general penalty for a breach of this Local Rule, no additional penalty under the Local Rule is applied.
Temporary Local Rule
Area Adjacent to the New Ditch to the Left of the 10th Fairway
For Use in all formats of Play
The ditch that has just been installed along a substantial length of the left side of the 10th fairway is a red penalty area in accordance with Permanent Local Rule B-1
The wooded area immediately adjacent to the ditch, being part of the General Area, is marked by blue stakes and as such is a “No-Play Zone” in accordance with Rule 2.4 Free relief must be taken not nearer the hole but on the fairway side of the ditch in accordance with Rule 16.1f
(This temporary local rule is only required in the short term and will be withdraw when the wooded area adjacent to the ditch returns to something like its natural state)
Temporary Local Rule
D5 – Temporary Winter Greens – when not in use.
When temporary winter greens are not in use, they are to be treated as “wrong greens’, in terms of the Rules of Golf. If a players ball is situated on temporary winter green, which is not in use at that time, then free relief MUST be taken in accordance with rule 13.1f.
Penalty for playing the ball from a ‘wrong place’, is a General Penalty ie 2 strokes in strokeplay and loss of hole in matchplay.